Federation of Democratic Republics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Federation of Democratic Republics!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Federation of Democratic Republics is now closed effective immediately

Finding Closure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

Finding Closure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 16:42

Yuliana was confused as to why the pony wasn't willing to come to her. Yuliana hadn't yelled at her unlike Nikolai did.

"Mikhail?" she hoped maybe she could get an answer out of him.

'She thinks they were Kingfordian. She dosn't trust anyone at the moment" he explained

'But she just spoke to me before' Yuliana said.

'i know. She dosn't understand about Romburyan. It's hard to tell her it isn't one of us. Mention of my father upsets her. She dosn't know why she is really here'

Now Yuliana understood. She got up from the chair and knelt down to Lily's level.

'Lily, you know I'm not going to hurt you' she said gently.

'Those men weren't from Kingsley Bedford. They were from somewhere else. They came from Romburyan. But they've gone away. Your brother scared them off" she told the pony

"Yuliana, she thinks you lied about people being nice to ponies here" Mikhail told her.

Kingfordia no like pony! Yulia lie Lily said.

"The people here do like ponies. The people who you saw were from another place. Kingfordians like ponies. I wouldn't lie to you'

Lily looked at her brother

'She's telling the truth Lily. Yuliana likes you. She was upset when she heard what happened." Mikhail told her.

Lily trotted over to Yuliana and nuzzled her leg.

Yulia find bad men?

"Yes I'll find them Lily"
Back to top Go down
https://feddemocraticrepub.forumotion.com
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26 2012, 16:53

Lily had some trust of Yuliana. "Mickey find too. Mickey stop them!" Lily thereupon went back to her mother still being a quiet little pony. Marina smiled at Lily but went back to her glare waiting for an answer. "Well you answered Lily. Why can't her mother get an answer?" She looked annoyed that no one from the Kingfordian side of things answered her question. She knew the Lanosians didn't leak anything. She had everyone checked and she verified it herself. While Marina waited, a Lanosian guard handed her a piece of paper. She read it out loud.

"Well...someone sent some photos of me grieving at Mikhail's grave...*crumbles paper* I still would like an answer."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_lanos
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28 2012, 03:10

Inside the dacha the meeting had resumed when a gunshot was heard. It seemed close and caught everyone off-guard.

What the fuck? Mikhail thought.

Then a voice came over the radio one of his guards was carrying. "Attention Panthera units... enterance station" the voice said.

'Enterance.. over"

"Gunfire in driveway... Westov is down"

A deadly silence filled the room. They had just learnt that Nikolai Westov had been gunned down right in front of the dacha. The Panthera units raced downstairs to investigate. Everyone was locked in the study for safety and moved away from the windows.

Marina was shocked, despite the man having treated her daughter like crap earlier, she felt saddened that he had just died supposedly in the same area her husband had been killed a few years ago. How they got past security she didn't know. But she was going to find out.

A Panthera guard returned.... "they're gone... he's dead for sure. single bullet through the skull"

"Call the Enpolian embassy' Mikhail ordered.

"Mikhail... take your sister out of the room... I'm not going to discuss this with her listening. Tell her to go with Richard" Marina asked her son.

"Sure, but don't be surprised if she tries to come back" he responded

He left the room with the pony and returned a short time later without her.

"Continue with the meeting. Regardless of the issue downstairs... Police are down there investigating it, they suggested we continue in the safety of this room as normal" he announced.

Now Marina could get some answers... hopefully

"Kingfordians.... Explain" she demanded

An Intelligence officer began to speak

"Well... We have no idea how else they could've known the route other than we were betrayed by one of our own"

Marina was stunned and furious

"Find out which bastard did it! They tried to kill my children!" She raged.

"You let them into the country undetected and let them this close to Harani City. Now you tell me someone might have informed Culveen where they were and that they were travelling on that route at the time? I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS! THIS IS NOT THE SAME COUNTRY MY HUSBAND FOUNDED!"

"Marina... calm down" Yuliana began

"SHUT UP YULIANA! YOU SUGGESTED THEY GO TO THE CAPITAL AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS!"

"Marina... you think I would've suggested it if I thought they'd get hurt? I thought the security would be tighter for all of you once you got to Sirushostan"

"Yuliana... It's best if you don't respond to my mother... she'll only get worse" Mikhail whispered to Yuliana.

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29 2012, 04:19

Marina calmed herself down to take in what Yuliana was trying to do: get her to explode and prove that she was insane just like how Yuliana (as Marina suspected) wants to see her as. So Marina would deny Yuliana the satisfaction of seeing what she wanted to see. She turned towards the crowd with a grin none of them wanted to see.

"Father once told me that if I was to ever rule the country that he helped create, I would still have to care for my family no matter how old my children were. Obviously, some people here don't know the meaning of family when it comes to working. Some of you even forget...*she looked at Mikhail with a look of disappointment*...why I would be so angry. My children were targeted earlier and it seems to be acceptable now to poke fun in a sarcastic tone about the whole affair." The hint was clearly dropped towards Yuliana and her actions. "However, now is not the time to pull stupidity and expect us to get results by singing our way to victory *another Yuliana reference*, now is the time to get on the ground and find those responsible. I hear this is a dangerous time for this nation. So instead of pretending nothing is happening now, we must do something to protect this nation before more things come down." She looked at the group again before continuing.

"First we look into the Lebs and their operations. And then we go from there. Any objections?"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 31 2012, 04:00

Marina sighed. "No I don't...why does everyone assume that I have those sort of connections...is that going around in the Kingfordian media now? I don't know anyone-" Marina noticed the pony nuzzling her leg. "I don't know anyone like that. If you want to find out something, maybe you should ask the Kingfordians, not me. Lanos never touched that area and never had anything to do with it. What is it little pony? Mama's here." Marina picked up Lily and held her in her arms. She nurtured the pony before looking at the Kingfordians. "There's your answer. I don't know anything about connections."
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 02 2012, 05:47

"Nein, Ich refusen mich reisen to Sirushostan." That was Marina's reply to those that wanted to go there to meet with these people. "If they want to come see me, they'll come here unarmed and ready to do whatever...I don't care what their reasons are. They are not coming here armed. I already nearly choked the Kingfordian security head for ignorance...I'm not doing it to someone else again." She was adamant about the whole idea. When asked (by Yuliana no less) why she refused to go to the capital, Marina looked at her with a pained look. "Have you heard of that bus attack back in 1990 there? Ask about the onlookers reactions to the attack...maybe then you'll find out how bigoted that city is...come on Lily...Mother has business to do with her people." She left the room with Lily right next to her and the Lanosian followed. Before she left, she uttered a comment in Kingfordian.

"The fallen Lanosian servicemen that kept the peace here did not die in vain only to be insulted by an ignorant 'politican.'"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04 2012, 02:26

Marina had taken to the study to do Lanosian National Government business. Lots of it, so it seemed. A guard stood by the door to ensure no one would interrupt and the place was bug-free. Aside from signing bills, consulting with the Cabinet, and ordering things to be done, Marina sighed and brought attention to a hot topic. "This country...Cicunda or whatever...who are they?" No one really knew since not much information was gathered since their arrival in the region, if any could be gleamed. Marina stared. "Well at least we know what to look for now...everything..." Lily pawed up into her mother's lap and nuzzled her. Marina could still tell she wasn't comfortable about Kingfordia though her worst fears about the place were dashed away by her brother. Aside from the new agreement to station Lanosian forces in KB, nothing else was to be done for the day. Marina picked up her pony and decided to take the limo to Harani. She told Mikhail of her plan, over objections that Yuliana would be coming back soon if at all, and set off. "Now now Lily, we'll go see the city I loved when I was here...I'll show you around..." Lily wanted to see the place with her mother and was excited about. Only this time, she would stay as close as possible to Marina.

Marina looked out the window and looked at the city skyline in the distance and spoke to herself. "Mikhail, if you can hear me...you better be ready at those gates when it's my time...I have much to tell you..."
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 03:06

Mikhail looked for a quiet place in the dacha where his mother could not hear him talking to Yuliana before he dialed her number. He was anxious to hear what she had to say about the meeting in Sirushostan.

"Hello?"

"Ah, Yuliana.. I take it is already over and done with?"

Yes thank god... She was frustrating alright. More than your mother.

"Did she cough it up? and was she safely secured on the Enpolian floor like they said she was?" Mikhail asked

She handed me a piece of paper with information on it. It might prove to be useful. And yes, she is on the Enpolian floor. We can't touch her Mikhail. She's surrounded herself well. I wasn't even allowed to have the guards with me.

Mikhail had feared this. She was on Enpolian territory. She couldn't be touched. If she pleaded for asylum it would be impossible to arrest her if need be. Hopefully it wouldn't be required

I had to wrestle it out of the bitch. She's got an attitude on her. I suspect she has something to do with Westov's death. I may also have given her my word I'd leave the family alone.... but the bitch dosn't scare me"

Mikhail was confused. "But how come she's seeking refuge in the Enpolian embassy if you think she has something to do with Westov's death? Surely that'd be suicide. Seeking refuge with those who want to charge you?"

idk, but she's panicking... I think she's worried we suspect her family in the attack on the convoy. Just don't let your mother find out... she'll have them storm the embassy tower to get her if she finds out. I promised Iryna I'd leave the family alone"

"Alright... keep someone on guard at the tower. If she leaves, I want her followed"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 04:37

It wasn't hard for the Lanosians to know what was going on without being told of things. They saw the Leb go into the building since the Lanosian consulate is on the first floor of the building. Math was added up before the State Department began to pester Mikhail himself about what the Leb was doing in the embassy tower in the first place. Marina wasn't bothered with these sort of matters since she was spending personal time with Richard and Lily. She was busy showing the family around Harani, with security detail, and enjoying every minute of it. Lily pestered her mother about the place and Marina happily answered. It was as if she was in the days when she was with both Mikhail and her son when she showed her son around Harani when he was old enough to walk. Those were simpler times for her. She wanted to return to those times when she retired and came back to the country on her own terms and live there for the rest of her life.

The Lanosian Ambassador to Kingsley Bedford, however, had questions to ask Marina's grown-up son. He arrived at the dacha demanding to know why the Leb was in the Enpolian Embassy, much less in KB itself. He waited for an answer. Better yet, he waited for his boss and the mother of that president.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06 2012, 06:16

Mikhail noticed the Lanosian ambassador outside the dacha. He decided to walk outside to see what he wanted.

"Can I help you?"

"Oh, hello President Aruthyan. Hope I'm not disiturbing you"

"No not at all, mother is out with Lily, she's not here... come in, it's dangerous out there. As you can see that's where the Enpolian died"

As he invited the ambassador in he showed him to a lounge room at gestured towards a chair, signalling to the ambassador to take a seat.

"Now... I'll be upfront. What the heck is going on with Iryna being in the tower" the ambassador asked.

"We have no idea. She had some information to pass on to us, but that's all I know. Whether she's seeking asylum is unknown to us" Mikhail responded

"Well has anyone spoken to her?"

"Yes Yuliana has"

Yuliana? the ambassador thought. Yuliana was not his faveourite Kingfordian official by any means but she was intimidating and suited for such interrogations. He could see why Mikhail had chosen her to grill Iryna.

"She had an attitude apparently"

"Who? Yuliana or Iryna?" the ambassador asked.

"Probably both" Mikhail chuckled

"Well, did she get anything out of her?"

"I believe so. But I'm yet to see the information. Yuliana will be coming to Harani shortly to deliver the paper in person. I believe we can't touch the woman, she's in Enpolian territory. If she pleads for political asylum we will not be able to reach her at all. It's a touchy situation that I hoped my mother wouldn't find out about. I believe she will do something irrational and storm the embassy tower to arrest her. I don't want that."

"I believe that our president should be informed of this new development. I think you're being very unwise trying to keep this from your mother. I shall wait until she returns and I will inform her myself. Is she going to be out for long?"

"She went to show my sister the city" Mikhail told him

"She could be gone for ages!"

"I know.... in the meantime can I get you a cup of tea or coffee?" Mikhail offered

"Um, no I'll be right. I hope you plan on cleaning the blood on the doorstep... it looks very untidy"

"Never you mind about that. My mother is still processing what happened to Westov. I suspect the syndicate had something to do with his death as does Yuliana" Mikhail commented

"I can't believe the Enpolians aren't closing the embassy over it"

"You'll find they don't cut ties with KB over little things like that. They knew this operation had its risks involved. Westov came here knowing fully well the dangers that came with the job. But I never expected him to be killed."
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 02:53

After a while Iryna's transportation reached a security checkpoint on route to Harani. Such checkpoints were quite common on Kingfordian roads such as the Sirushostan-Harani Highway.

An Armed official signalled for the car to pull into the checkpoint.

"Good afternoon... identification please" the official asked.

Iryna's guards' ID was cleared instantly but the official paused upon checking Iryna's ID card.

"Oh" he muttered. He asked the guards to remain there until he returned.

The official returned with a second official who then turned to the driver.

"Can we speak to her please?"

Iryna stepped out of the car. "Yes?"

"Ms Lebedyenko, where are you travelling to?" he asked

"What is it to you?" she replied

"Just answer the question Ms Lebedyenko"

"Fine... Harani City. I am meeting with President Aruthyan of Kingsley Bedford" she told them

"Let them go" the other official said. He cleared the car to pass the checkpoint.

"Have a safe trip"

Iryna ignored him... like they cared if she stayed safe or not, but was surprised at how easily she passed the checkpoint. It was puzzling to her that in the most violent period in KB since the territorial war, the security checkpoints could clear a woman known to be connected to organised crime so easily without questioning her further. But she was glad to be heading to the dacha. Where she had no idea what President Aruthyan had in store for her.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11 2012, 03:23

Iryna and her entourage continued on its path towards the dacha until they entered the restricted 1 mile area near the grounds. And when they hit that checkpoint, between the beginning of the zone and the dacha grounds entrance did things get tight. Armed National Police guards and soldiers, jeeps, APCs and IFVs, a tank, and a few tents, trailers, and a bunker or two with other assorted vehicles marked the area. Things weren't looking good for any trespasser. Iryna wasn't sure what to make of this. That was until her vehicle was ordered stopped and a National Police officer came to the car. "Identification from occupants and reason to enter the dacha." The Lanosian was blunt in what he wanted and wouldn't take shit for an answer. He was given ID, verified it and returned it, but didn't get an answer to the second demand. "What is your reason to enter the dacha?" During a search of the vehicles, Iryna's guards answered for her and they told the Lanosian they were with her. He didn't like what he heard. The Lanosian guards were under orders not to let security personnel they didn't trust nor authorized to enter. "Ihre Wachen können nicht in die Datscha. They cannot enter." Other Lanosians took notice and began to get ready for an incident. Iryna's guards tried to protest but the order was repeated. Some tried to leave the area where they were to stay during the search, only to have armed soldiers point their guns and shout not to do anything stupid. Iryna relented. "Stay here. It's clear I won't get in with you guys." She was escorted inside the dacha grounds but nervous what could happen now without her guards.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 04:03

Iryna was surprised to find Mikhail answering the door to the dacha. Surely it would be a security risk. Anyone could've been at the door. He was obviously naive like his father was.

"Iryna, come in" Mikhail said

Mikhail gestured towards a doorway which led to a lounge room with comfortable armchairs. He offered her a seat. Perched on a coffee table was a traditional Kingfordian tea urn, he offered her a cup.

"No, thank you... just in case you've poisioned it" she refused

Mikhail rolled his eyes and pored himself a cup.

"What am I here for Mikhail?" she asked

"Well, I could ask you the same question. What the heck are you doing in KB? you've got some nerve showing your face in this country" he told her

Iryna didn't look at all phased by his comment.

"I know you and your clan are behind the Westov incident... and I'm surprised the Enpolians didn't detain you in the embassy"

"Watch yourself Mikhail" Iryna snapped. "I told that braided bitch that you are to leave my family and myself alone"

"And that Braided bitch is in the room and can hear everything you say" a voice said from the doorway.

No one had noticed Yuliana Pashkchenko had entered the room.

"Yuliana? Why are you here?" Mikhail asked

"Well I was the one driving the car following Iryna... I thought maybe the president might need some help dealing with the charming woman"

"No need for the sarcasim Yuliana, mother isn't here... she's gone to show Lily the city"

Oh, goodie... No Marina!"

Iryna chuckled

"Something funny? Yuliana asked.

"No nothing... just interesting how we both have one thing in common... hatred for Marina" Iryna responded

Mikhail wanted to put the conversation back on track. He knew he had little time left until his mother returned from her day out.

"Why are you here Iryna?" he asked again

"Well, I handed info to Ms Pashkchenko in Sirushostan" she responded.

"I'm not convinced that is all. Did you order that murder of Westov?" he asked

"No I did not! Why would I go to the Enpolian embassy if I had just ordered a diplomat to be killed? Even surely your pony sister would be smart enough to know that it wouldn't be wise to do such a thing" Iryna responded

You leave Lily out of this! Yuliana warned.

"Oooooh, so somebody loves the pony do they?"

Quiet Iryna.... or I'll have you arrested

"I came here to make you an offer" Iryna explained

"An offer? and what would that be Iryna?" Mikhail asked

"Well, you need someone who knows Romburyan well... I have information on the area controlled by RSA and you could do with it" she explained

Mikhail looked at Yuliana. He wondered if he could trust Iryna to provide help that actually wouldn't sabotage their operation. After all, she had to be trying to protect her family from prosecution due to their involvement in the assasination. Whether they only helped Culveen with transport or not.

"Go on..." he said

"It's all in the paper given to Ms Pashkchenko. Now if I should be mentioned in anyway during court proceedings as the person providing the information I would wish to be granted political asylum for my own safety"

"The only thing you'd be getting would be a detainment order" Yuliana told her bluntly.

"Fine, the information is in the hands of Ms Pashkchenko, I think I'm done here. And leave my family alone" Iryna said.

She said goodbye and showed herself out.

Political asylum? the woman's gone mad

"I know Yuliana... but she's not one you'd want to threaten with detainment. Even though we'd like to"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 04:17

Moments after Iryna left, Marina had arrived at her dacha only to find out just who visited. She took to some fury and found both Yuliana and Mikhail to demand answers. Lily wandered in too and went to both Yuliana and her brother. She did ask "Why you make Mama mad?" The two responded that they didn't but someone else did. Lily went over to her mother but was picked up by Marina first and given her stuffed tiger. "Daddy would love it if you went to play with him. He would like to see the tiger he gave you." Lily already had named the tiger Hobbes and was let down and wandered over to her daddy saying "Daddy, I show Hobbes!" Marina returned to the matter at hand.

"What happened and what was offered?"
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 04:46

"Iryna offered this... Yuliana said handing Marina a file with confidential written on it.

It states where the headquarters and training camp used by RSA in Romburyan is located and how well the place is guarded. It could be valuable to our investigation. But it's heavily guarded and will be hard to access as it is in a zone that is not controlled by the Romburyani government, making it harder to enter Yuliana explained.

"She also asked for political asylum" Mikhail added.

"I hope you had the sense to refuse it"

"I told her the only thing she'd be getting is a detainment order if she didn't leave the country"

Marina was impressed with Yuliana's response. For once the woman was doing the right thing. She was pleased. Maybe Yuliana did have what it takes to succeed with an operation such as this one. She had some new found respect for Yuliana. Just a little.

"Will she leave the country?" Marina asked

"We don't know. But she seems to be very protective of her family. She warned us to leave them alone if we didn't want trouble. I think she's behind Westov's death" Mikhail told her.

What was Iryna up to? Was she trying to help them or was she trying to scare them into abandoning the operation. It was clear she was scared of being discovered as the informant once the arrest of Rasiak Culveen is made, but was very happy to provide it. Despite the fact it was known her family had some role in the entire assassination.

All they could do now was wait and see what Iryna would do next. She could be heading back to the Embassy or hopefully, she was leaving Kingsley Bedford. Mikhail didn't mind if she left the country and was determined to make sure she never entered it undetected again.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13 2012, 05:01

It didn't take long for Mikhail to think twice about arresting Iryna. His mother was calling for her to be in custody and he couldn't see the harm in detaining her over her threats to the family. He was going to issue a detainment order.

He picked up the phone and rang Sirushostan

"Issue an arrest warrant for Iryna. If she stops at a security checkpoint. Detain her on the grounds of being a threat to national security. Have her taken to Sirushostan. If the Enpolians have a problem, they can deal with me" he ordered.

Iryna had thought she'd gotten away with it... but she was deeply mistaken. Soon she'd be in the custody of Kingfordian police
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 02:40

Mikhail knew his mother would be furious if he released her. But afterall, the alliance with the Enpolians was at stake and was one Kingsley Bedford could not afford to lose.

'If the Enpolians are fine with it.... then I'll release her' he thought to himself

Mikhail dialed a number...

----------------------------------

Yuliana wasn't expecting a call from Mikhail and was surprised when her phone rang.

Yes Mikhail?

"Yuliana, I just had Talanov on the phone"

Fuck! Yuliana thought.

Don't tell me the woman has heard already!

"she wants me to release Iryna" he told her

Are you going to do it?

"Yes" he replied

MIKHAIL!!!!

"That bitch is dangerous! You want to release her! Are you out of your mind????

"They'll cut off the alliance if we don't... she's being investigated in Enpolintoc and apparently our arrest can jeopardise such investigations so we have no choice but to let her go provided she agrees to leave the country and return to Enpolintoc"

FINE MIKHAIL! WHATEVER! WE HAD THE BITCH AND NOW YOU LET HER GO! THIS WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT YOU MIKHAIL! I'LL USE IT IN THE ELECTION CAMPAIGN AGAINST YOU IF YOU LET HER SLIP THROUGH THE CRACKS" She warned

"Goodbye Yuliana" Mikhail ended the call

BUT MIKH-- *dial tone*

----------------------------------------------------------------

HARANI POLICE LOCKUP
Harani City, Kingsley Bedford

A guard unlocked the door to Iryna's holding cell

"Out!" he ordered.

"What's going on?" Iryna asked

"You're being released... if you agree to return to Enpolintoc. You will be housed in the embassy in Sirushostan until travel arrangements have been made. You're very lucky to get out of here. President Aruthyan ordered your release" the guard told her...

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR PRESIDENT! GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!"

They piled her into a prison transfer van and headed for Sirushostan.

"Don't try anything stupid" the guard warned

"DROP DEAD!"

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 02:56

Marina was shocked to hear Yuliana yelling like that on the other end of the phone. It was so loud she could hear from the living room and it startled Lily but returned to playing with her stuffed tiger. Marina went over to hear the rest of the conversation and see Mikhail hang up and sigh in frustration. "So you've let Iryna go?" She got a nod. "Well I can tell someone down there isn't happy with your decision. She is mad off her rocker..." Marina was finally assuring herself that Yuliana was worse than the other woman thought of her. "But anyways...we leave the day after tomorrow...and Lily wants to spend tomorrow with you. It would make her trip here worthwhile to spend time with her big brother..." Lily walked in with her tiger. "Mickey, here Hobbes!" Marina smiled and left the room. "Have fun Lily. Mickey will take you around tomorrow." She left the room and took Richard with her to the study. Aside from "private time," Marina and Richard had things to plan when it came to foreign and domestic matters too.

Lily was left with her brother and was trying to get him to play with the tiger. "Mickey like Hobbes? Big brother busy?"
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18 2012, 07:36

Mikhail smiled and looked at his sister.

"No I'm not busy, do you want to show me something?" Mikhail asked.

Mickey, here Hobbes! Lily showed him the little stuffed tiger.

"Oh, is this Hobbes? Who gave you that?" he asked

Daddy

Mikhail smiled. "You want to go and see Harani tomorrow with me?"

Lily nodded.

Mickey show me city? They nice to pony there?

"Yes, they're very nice. I'll show you some places I think you'll like" he told her.

Whilst Mikhail was excited to be taking his sister into the city, there was one thing he couldn't get out of his head. The thought of yet another attack. Last time he travelled with his sister they both nearly got killed when his convoy was ambushed. He had to make sure this time nothing would happen to her. He only just convinced her that the people in KB didn't want to hurt ponies and he knew another attack would make Lily think her brother lied to her and would never trust him again and would probably never want to come back to the country.

Mikhail's guards terrified Lily, leaving that option of security out of the question. And Lanosian security was assigned to protect his mother only. The fact there was the vandalism in the cemetary and the diplomat was shot outside the dacha was evidence that Harani was a dangerous place for him to be wandering around alone with Lily but he couldn't think of a way to protect both of them without Lily being aware of their presense. He wanted her to think of the day as just the two of them spending time together.... not the two oft them and some guards spending the day together.

He left Lily playing with her tiger for a second and went to see one of the Panthera guards.

"What do you suggest?" he asked the guard.

"I suggest that you have a few of us undercover dressed as ordinary citizens who at intervals say hello to the president and keep an eye on you from afar. Your sister won't notice if we act like friendly people who want to say hello or are going about their daily business." the guard suggested.

"That could work... if anything happens... then you stop being undercover and do what you do best. Like you did last time" Mikhail said

Now with that sorted Mikhail went back to the room where his sister was playing.

Mickey, When we go see city? Can we go now? Pony want to see! I take Hobbes?

"We'll go tomorrow... but I'll play with you in the meantime"

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19 2012, 02:56

Marina had woken earlier than usual to go meet some important people for the reason she was here. She got herself ready in the early morning and put the pony back in her bed when Marina found her sleeping on the couch. She thought Lily had fallen asleep on the couch after Mikhail left and waited there for him to take her around Sirushostan. "Later today Lily..." Marina put her in her bed with her tiger and quilt and gave her a kiss before leaving the dacha for the base that the Lanosians tasked to find the wanted man. She met the assembled men in a nearby small hangar which included a few men from the Army's 21st Infantry Division, tasked to reinforce the investigators if things went south. She knew it would at some point and wanted the Army to do things to make sure things didn't fail. She met the men days before and know who they were and what they would do. She hoped they could all return home alive. She sat them down before giving a speech that would gauge how they would feel about what they were up against.

"We all know why you are here. We all know why I am here. The job that is before is going to be as tough as any you have ever faced. The man responsible has done things in this nation without regard for anyone else and would probably do the same when it comes to you. The only time he stops at his work is when he is facing the barrel of a firearm at the hands of someone that will shoot him. You all will be providing plenty of those to stop him." She walked around before whirling back at the audience. "And all of you will not, for any reason, let him go this time! He is not simply a threat to me but he is a threat to all of us! All of you! He has his support there and he will use it to stop you from bringing him to face the justice he deserves to face!" She stopped to see that people were cheering from the crowd. "All of you know what you face. We all know that we won't back down from this little weasel that wants to hide. Make sure you bring him back to this country and make sure he knows what he's going to get."

She left to lots of cheering and excited emotions in the background. Marina only knew they would go in with grim work ahead. All she wanted to do know was go back to the dacha and ready Lily for her day and get to work. "And all this for...we'll see if it was worth it all in the end...we'll see..."
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20 2012, 04:03

Aruthyan Dacha
Harani, Kingsley Bedford

It was Marina's last day in Kingsley Bedford and Mikhail wanted to take his sister out for the day. Originally planning to show Lily the city of Harani, Mikhail was surprised to discover that his sister wanted to go to the capital instead.

Last time they intended to go their convoy was ambushed onroute, terrorising Lily and leaving several of Mikhail's guards and many Romburyani terrorists dead. This time it would not happen... they would fly to Sirushostan.

Big brother take pony to see capital?

Lily was very excited to go with her brother to the capital. She had never been before and wanted to see where her brother lived. She hoped the people were friendly like her brother said they were. Afterall, the people there probably weren't used to seeing ponies.

"Lily, have you been eating sugar for breakfast again? you're a little too excited" Mikhail asked his sister, who was galloping around the room like crazy while her brother got ready to go.

Lily didn't answer and continued to play with her stuffed tiger.

Outside, a amoured veichle was arriving in the driveway of the dacha. In the drivers seat was a Kingfordian federal police officer who was accompanied by one of the president's personal guards, who was dressed in civilian clothes so as not to make it too obvious to Lily that the guard was there. He knew his sister didn't like the guards Mikhail and the Kingfordian government hired. They frightened her.

"Ok. Ready to go?" Mikhail asked Lily, who nodded excitedly. When they got to the front door, Marina was waiting there to say goodbye.

"Be careful" she told Mikhail, before turning to Lily. "Now you be a good pony for your brother and have a nice day"

After saying goodbye Lily and Mikhail got into the car and began the 15 minute drive to the airport where Mikhail's plane was waiting for them. The flight to Sirushostan would take 45 mins if all went to plan, leaving them plenty of time to explore the capital and make it back to Harani in time for Lily to return home.

"You excited to go to the capital Lily?" Mikhail asked

We see Mickey's house?

"Yes we will" Mikhail smiled at her.

After a few more minutes they arrived at Harani Aerodrome where Mikhail's plane was waiting on the tarmac ready for departure. Lily liked flying and had never been on Mikhail's plane before.

After boarding the plane and strapping themselves in, the guards made a final check of the interior and exterior of the aircraft to look for any risks before clearing it for departure. Soon the plane rolled down the runway of Harani Aerodrome and took off for Sirushostan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*45 Mins later*

After a safe journey to Sirushostan, the plane landed at Sirushostan International Airport and taxied into a private hanger where a limo was awaiting them.

Lily hopped in after her brother and they set off for the presidential residence. During the drive Mikhail pointed out some points of interest in the capital to his sister.

"And this is the statue of my father... Your mother hasn't seen it yet, should we stop and take a picture in front of it to show her?"

Mama like picture!

Mikhail ordered the driver to stop the limo and they hopped out and took a photo together in front of it. Mikhail went back to the car and pulled a suitcase out of the trunk and pulled out a tiny Kingfordian flag which he placed next to the plaque on the statue which read:

In Memory of President Mikhail Aruthyan 1975-2009

They got back into the car and continued onto the presidential residence.
"And this is the Kingfordian history museum" he told Lily pointing to a gray building which was four stories high.

"This is Sirushostan Arena, where lots of concerts are held" Mikhail pointed to a round stadium which had hosted the 13th and 17th WorldVision Song Contests and could possibly be the venue for the 24th edition too.

Mickey, Where Yulia? Lily asked.
"She is working, at my house... you'll see her when we get there"

I tell her no talk bad about you! Yulia yell at Mickey! Pony heard her!

'You're a fiesty little pony aren't you"

Shortly, they pulled into a large driveway leading to a big house which was the home of the president of Kingsley Bedford, and the offices of the high ranking officials who work closely with the president. It was one of many government buildings in Sirushostan and was home to Mikhail when he is in Sirushostan.

"Here we are Lily... this is where I live"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21 2012, 03:09

Lily was tripping over herself to see where Mikhail lived. After all, she had wanted to go with her brother to see the place. Now that she was here, she was excited as all a little pony could be with her big brother. Her big brother's guards still gave her doubts. She stayed close to Mikhail while he took her inside past a few guards and waited for Yuliana to show. While in the foyer, one tried to reach out to her causing Lily to run off without her tiger and trying to find somewhere to hide. Her brother went after her but it was no avail until Lily ran straight into Yuliana. She grabbed Yuliana's legs and refused to make a sound, waiting for Mikhail to get close so she could grab his legs instead. Yuliana looked down and asked what bugged Lily. The pony refused to respond. The National Police investigators that were waiting to move in, however, responded to their own questions on, mainly, when they were moving out. Their commander had waited for the call to move to a common command post to plan and coordinate moving in but it seemed the Kingfordians were late in making the call. Those who were waiting, as well as the 21st Infantry Division, wanted this to get over with. So too did Marina. She wanted it to end completely and wanted a trial to come soon and finish it all without her testifying. However, the Kingfordian prosecutors needed her to speak even if it was a guaranteed conviction. That she hated and that she had to do. She would grin and bear it but make it clear she did not want to be there.

As if she had a choice.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 04:59

"Lily what's wrong?" Yuliana asked again.

Lily didn't answer. She just switched from clinging to Yuliana's legs to her brother's shaking. Yuliana looked at Mikhail for an answer.

"Mikhail?"

"Guards Yuliana.... what else" Mikhail told her.

Yuliana smiled at Lily and knelt down to her level.

"Oh... Lily it's ok. The guards are scary aren't they?" she said. Lily nodded
"But they're here to keep you and Mickey safe... you shouldn't be afraid of them. They won't hurt you."

But they tried to reach for pony!

Mikhail turned to Yuliana.... "Is she gone yet?" he asked referring to Iryna.

"She's in the Enpolian embassy if that's what you mean. They will make arrangements for her return to Enpolintoc" she responded with an annoyed look on her face. She still was furious that Mikhail had let her go.

Yulia come with Mickey and Pony to city?

"Sorry Lily... but I have some work to do. But you enjoy your time with your brother"

Mikhail smiled at Yuliana and gave her some instructions on what needed to be done before the beginning of the Romburyan operation.

"Ok I'm off then..." Yuliana announced. "Enjoy the city Lily" and she walked back to her office.

Where Mickey work? I see Mickey office?

Mikhail took the excited pony to see his office. She had never seen it before, but it was no different to his mother's one in the dacha, yet slightly bigger in size. No wait a moment... significantly bigger in size.

Opening the door to the office, Lily noticed an area set aside in the area next to Mikhail's desk which seemed to have been setup just for her whilst Mikhail was in the office. She sat and played with Hobbes the tiger whist Mikhail made a couple of phone calls before they left for the day.

"Ready to go Lily?" Mikhail asked.

Lily gallopped downstairs towards the door but stopped again when confronted with guards. She let out a loud "eeep!" Mikhail calmed her down and told her some funny jokes until they'd passed the guards to distract her from her fears.

They hopped into the limo and headed back out the driveway for the Sirushostan city centre, with an undercover federal police car packed full of panthera guards following behind.

An excited Lily could not sit still in her seat
Where we go? What I see? Do They Like Pony? she showered her brother with questions barely giving him time to answer one before she asked another.

Eventually they pulled up into a parking space in front of the tallest building in Sirushostan, the Sirushostan 103 tower. It had recently opened and was one of Mikhail's faveourite places in the city as he loved the observation deck with views of the entire city of Sirushostan and you could even see Romburyan in the distance. He was eager to show Lily the view.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights Lily" Mikhail said as they entered the lobby.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25 2012, 07:10

SIRUSHOSTAN 103 TOWER
SIRUSHOSTAN, KINGSLEY BEDFORD

As the glass lift rose above Sirushostan, Lily got her first full view of Sirushostan.

"And this is only the beginning, wait until we get to the top!" Mikhail told Lily excitedly.

Mikhail was pleasantly surprised at how brave she was being considering they were in a small glass box on the side of a 103 story tower which was the country's tallest building. Usually someone as young as Lily was would be rather frightened by the high speed of the lift and the glass floor that revealed the city far below them. But not Lily. Mikhail was reminded of himself as a child... he'd never been afraid of heights.

Soon the lift arrived at the 103rd floor observation deck. It was Mikhail's faveourite place in the city and he was eager to show it to Lily. She trotted out of the lift and went straight to one of the floor-to-ceiling window panels that formed the walls of the observation deck.

Wow! This capital? Lily asked, referring to the big city surrounding here.

Whilst his sister gazed out at Sirushostan and its beauty, Mikhail had his head turned towards a landmass on his far left.... the distant former territory of Romburyan. And somewhere out there on that island was the man who killed his father. He could also see a large Kingfordian customs boat being loaded at Port Sirushostan.... in 48 hrs, that boat would leave for Romburyan ready to launch the investigation into his fathers death and the hopeful arrest of the man responsibile for it.

Mickey! I buy mama present? Lily asked, trotting over from a souvenir counter which contained pins, coffee mugs, magnets, Kingfordian flags and even a soft toy firebird, the national animal of Kingsley Bedford.

"Alright... we'll buy her a present. What do you want to get her?" Mikhail asked

This one Lily said pointing to a Kingfordian flag.

"No, no you can have one for yourself if you like... but let's get her another type of present. How about this nice coffee mug? I think she'll like this" Mikhail suggested.

They purchased the coffee mug and Lily's flag before she saw the soft toy firebirds for sale.

I get this one too? Lily asked

"Oh alright.... it can be a friend for Hobbes to play with" he told her.

"What are you going to call it?" he asked

Yulia!

Mikhail laughed. "Is that because it's a fiery bird like Yuliana is?" he joked

Lily laughed mama no like though she said.

"Ok... time to go, there's some other things I want to show you" Mikhail announced.

CITY CENTRO PARK
SIRUSHOSTAN, KINGSLEY BEDFORD

A large crowd had gathered as word got around the capital that President Aruthyan was in town withh his little sister Lily. The people had never gotten the chance to meet the pony as Marina was often very protective of her daughter.

"See the people do like ponies Lily" Mikhail told his sister. Trying to re-store her confidence in the country since the big ordeal a couple of weeks ago, which had left her terrified. They nice to pony!

Among the crowd the panthera units are stationed undercover making sure President Aruthyan was not exposed to the elements for too long without protection or some type of supervision. Especially for the safety of the innocent little pony with him. It had to be a successful mission of protection or Marina would have their heads.

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26 2012, 05:14

Lily had loved the trip to Sirushostan and was even toying around with the two animals she got. She even played, or attempted to play with, some of the people that had gathered. She came up to one woman that asked her "Do you love your mother Lily?" The pony looked up with a surprised face until she saw the mystery woman's face that had a wide smile. "Mama!" Lily hugged her mother's leg and began to show Marina her new firebird and chatter about what she saw on the trip. Marina had picked up her pony and took her over to Mikhail. "You had a nice trip? I figured I should come too and give little Lily a chance to go with her mother." Lily went with her mother after the crowd kept fawning over the pony and went off to the rest of the park. "This is where I first dated Mickey's daddy. He loved being with me so much...after I threw his Walkman into the lake..." Lily laughed and so did her brother. It was a simpler time then and now. "Mama she called Yulia!" "You called your firebird after Yuliana?" Lily nodded. "How cute. She would like that. Firebirds though are tame and peaceful. But your bird and be fiery." Lily hugged her mother and asked when they would come back to the country. "When I'm done back home little pony...when I'm done..." Marina hugged Lily and went off with Mikhail to continue on their little trip.

Now all that had to be done was find those responsible that did what happened years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding Closure
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Federation of Democratic Republics :: Roleplay :: International Roleplay-
Jump to: