Federation of Democratic Republics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Federation of Democratic Republics!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Federation of Democratic Republics is now closed effective immediately

Greater Shul Public Bulletin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
shul

Greater Shul Public Bulletin Empty
PostSubject: Greater Shul Public Bulletin   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18 2012, 16:38

I am currently reworking this news feed.  I will be adding events archived from previous regions/forums and tweaking dates some to even out the bursts of activity and hibernations.

Noteworthy Archived news items

• Mar 21, 2005 - The Senate voted Friday to “renew” Arch-President Duncan's term and forego candidate announcements on April 5th and the subsequent election. Said the Senate Chair in a briefing, "Though things have stabilized, our situation is still uncertain. Our founders trusted this man with emergency power, and in the less urgent times he has proven himself worthy of our trust." Today, Arch-President vetoed the measure. “There is no term limit to my office to extend. I was not elected under the Articles, so not subject to it. I was appointed by the Council without limit. It is a non-sequiter for a body with no authority of this officce to approve or disapprove of its lifespan, nor would it be a good idea to extend it if it could. No man is worthy of enough trust to hold unlimited power indefinitely." As he left the podium he was heard to ask an aide, "How's that for restraint.?"
  • April 5, 2010 - No presidential slate was presented for election this year. Not even single candidate for show, as some predicted. The Arch-President's press office released the following statement: “The current state of our political system is not in accordance with the Articles. It is only legal, and still barely so, because it was established before and outside of the Articles. The Articles were ratified with full knowledge that certain parts would be delayed in becoming effective. That’s why there is no election. The reason that there is no nod to democracy with a fake one is that I will not add legitimacy to a future leader holding power illegally with a tactic that has a precedent. Let us end any remaining pretense: I do not hold this office with direct democratic legitimacy. I was appointed by representatives of the people and remained without objection. At best it is something of a republican office, at worst it is autocratic. I believe it is something of both.”

Good day, Citizens.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 18:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2012-09-13   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19 2012, 17:43

Greetings, Citizens. The Greater Shul Information Bureau has authorized that the following information to be related to the public:

•  Nearly a week after calling off and postponing upcoming elections nation-wide to investigate a massive conspiracy to commit voter fraud and to overthrow the legitimate presidency of Shul, Grand-General Roberta Wood was dismissed from her position as head of the Military of Greater Shul. After threatening to take advantage of the current state of mild unrest and take power militarily. She is expected to be charged with high treason early next month. A number of anonymous witnesses confirm that Wood lost her temper, but that her remarks sounded hypothetical and meant to punctuate a point and not an actual threat.

Good day, Citizens.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2012-09-15   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20 2012, 15:14

Greetings, Citizens. The Greater Shul Information Bureau has authorized that the following information to be related to the public:

• Colonel Stephen Eckstein has been arrested for treason and conspiracy to commit massive voter fraud. This comes in the wake of Grand-General Roberta Wood's dismissal two days ago.  EckStein was head of the special operations division responsible for psychological warfare and foreign public relations for deployed defense forces. He is believed to be one of the masterminds of this devious plot. His extensive experience training in influencing foreign governmental decision-making and elections places these charges squarely within his realm of expertise.

Good day, Citizens.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:06; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2012-10-07   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21 2012, 17:59

• The Internal Security Service has announced this morning that Grand-General Roberta Wood, former chair of the of Dominion Joined Armed Forces Council, would be charged with Contempt towards officials, Sedition, and Endangering the Public Order. At the Arch-President's urging, Treason was not included in the list. Wood was dismissed from he position three weeks ago and confined to house arrest after losing her temper in a meeting between the DJAF-C and the Arch-President and making threatening statements. In the weeks since, other conspirators have been arrested and charged. Because of the nature of her crimes, and her high position, she will be tried directly by the High Court.
  • The elections postponed due to the revelation of this conspiracy will be rescheduled sometime next month. The administration is currently consulting with the High Court on how best to proceed.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:11; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-01-01   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27 2012, 15:53

• The Third Dominion Senate was established today. Like it's predecessorss, it will represent the interests of the constituent states for the next four years before disbanding. Second term senator Charles Hueber was selected as Chair.
  • The Continuing People's Chamber has selected Daniel Mueller as its President for the year.

Good day, Citizens.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-04-05   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29 2012, 18:09

• Arch-President Duncan turned the final section of his Friedman address this morning to the terror attacks in the Enpolintoc state of Romburyan. "The fact that an act such as this can occur between people is barbaric and tragic. The fact that it should occur on our day of remembrance; our day of remembering our own most tragic terror attack does not increase its severity, but does hit us when we are already sensitive. The Dominion of Greater Shul and Harsey mourns with Enpolintoc families this day. We offer condolences and the helping hand of a friend."

Good day, Citizens.

Last edited by shul on Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-05-06   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02 2012, 14:57

• Trials for the Roberta Wood and Stephen Eckstein are now scheduled to begin June 3rd of this year. After working out a plan with legislature and with approval from the office of the Arch-President, the High Court will try both military officials. Other individuals will face lower courts on or after the same date. To avoid cross contamination and preserve objectivity, the Court will divide into two benches, each half trying one case with the Chief Magistrate chairing both. He will not participate in deliberations unless there is a tied verdict, in which case the bench will deliberate again in full and break the tie. In the case that either trial continues past Friedman day of next year, any judge appointed by the People's Chamber that is is replaced during the trial will remain on the trial bench rather than being replaced.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-06-04   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:35

• State and Local Police departments report an end to the recent crime-wave. You will recall that before the new year, crime was almost unheard of. After 3 months of investigation and hundreds of arrests, State Criminal Investigation Division director Ben Voltic has lifted most curfews. All citizens over the age of 16 with legal driving privileges are no longer bound by any curfew. Others will remain affected by prior category restrictions.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-06-12   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:42

• Over the last several days, radio stations have aired messages from a group calling itself the Underground Element. The group plofesses to be a a "social and political resistence force" intent on "challenging and checking the power of the establishment." While not overtly inciteful of violence, the messages are strongly critical of the current government and its tolerance of the sitting executive, whose position they consider illegally held.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-06-14   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:43

• The Dominion Communication Bureau has announced changes to the process for individuals to acquire a public radio broadcasting license and has raised the lease rate of radio band frequencies. Civil Rights groups have noted that this comes only days after a group identifying themselves as the the New Confederate Element made inflammatory remarks on a small talk radio station. The host claimed that it was the duty of every citizen of all nations in the Dominion to rise up against the oppressive confederate government and reassert local national authority. In the same broadcast, he equated Arch-President Duncan's supportive remarks towards terror victims of recent attacks in the Enpolic states as supporting reactions to the attacks, which the host felt were extreme and intrusive. A DCB spokesperson made clear that "This is not a violation of anybody's rights. Free speech is at the core of what the bureau strives for. But we must also be responsible citizens. Statements such as those made in recent days only invites the instability we see in our neighbors into our own borders."

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-07-25   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:51

• Dr. Michael Waymore, a geneticist at Shul National University has petitioned the office of the Arch-President directly for permission to resume his work which was halted following the passing of the WA resolution concerning human cloning. The research was put on hold by order of the government pending investigation and certification that it did not violate the resolution. However, following the resolution's repeal Dr. Waymore has not been able to cut through the bureaucracy to get the moratorium lifted. According to Waymore, his research was near a critical point at the time of the freeze, and every day that passes sets it back. He says, "Already it will take months to regrow specimens that have expired or developed past the point of interest." This work is expected to give new insights into treating and preventing to cancer, and may lead to advances in tissue regeneration.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-07-30   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:56

• Arch-President Duncan has sent word to the Senate Chair that a certain bill introduced for consideration is a no-go. Senate Bill SGS-20110331p1 "The Selection of Official and Endorsed Religions" was meant to introduce One-ism as the official religion of Shul, and endorsing others such as Violetism with "recognized" status. The Arch-President's brief stated "The Dominion is respectful and grateful for societal contributions of all its men and women of faith, regardless of the nature of that faith. The idea of some being elevated above the others or given some official status or seal of government approval is not in accordance the ideals we are fostering in the Dominion. The Dominion is a nation of its people, all of them, and not of gods or philosophies." This comes as welcome news to the growing sect of Cubists, who have been facing increased hostility from One-ists.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-14   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:56

• Yesterday, Dr. Michael Waymore was granted permission to resume work on human cloning and gene selection, though with some caveats. His team and equipment will be moved to a government run facility to be watched more closely for potential abuse. The upside is that he will have more funding that before. Following the announcement, a fertility clinic in the city of Welmir, Bax had filed for authorization to offer a new service based on Waymore's allowing potential parents to screen pregnancies to avoid genetic health hazards. The Dominion Health Authority is expected to allow the treatments, but impose a strict list of conditions that can apply.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-16   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 19:59

• Negotiations within the legislation have concluded concerning a bill that would limit frivolous lawsuits. In addition to allowing judges to dismiss or not take cases that are deemed frivolous, the bill introduces funding to prevent some of the situations that lead to them. The language defining what is frivolous will be worked out in the next few days, as will the lengths of the preventative measures. On the table are government taking a greater role in health care, stepping up licensing requirements for healthcare professionals, and enforcing higher standards for products manufactured and sold within the Dominion.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-19   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:01

•  New Confederate Element, now identified as a militant branch of the 'Underground Element', has claimed responsibility for an explosion in Shul City early this morning. The blast originated from a city work truck left in the lot behind the building. The military has closed the borders of the northern Military Administration District following the attack. Civilian divisions within the confederacy have stepped up security, but the Arch-President has urged in an address that officials focus on investigation and not vengeance. He swears that justice will find those responsible. The detonation occurred at the central hub of the city wide network of loudspeakers scheduled to go online today. Only a handful of citizens were in the building at the time, and there has been no official release of death or injury information.
  • The CIN, or Citizen Information Network, a set of loudspeakers throughout the city was scheduled to go online today with a ceremony and commensurate announcement at noon. The ceremony and network have been postponed while engineers assess the damage caused by this morning's bombing.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-20   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:02

• Confederate air safety officials were quick to release a preliminary report on an airline crash in the military zone this morning. Due to the recent terror attack in the capital, the administration felt it necessary to quickly dispel worry of further attacks. The crash resulted in the pilot's inability to recover from a catastrophic equipment failure. The report states that at this point it appears that all proper protocol and procedure were followed both by the pilot and maintenance crews on the ground beforehand.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-21   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:03

• Two days of protest drew to a close at the university campus in Libait, Carana this morning when University officials agreed to meet with representatives of the various animal rights groups present. The groups gathered Monday morning to protest a new grant financing the testing of a cancer drug. The drug would be tested on various primates species. One spokesperson commented on the irony that the leader of the protest was a cancer survivor that was likely only alive due to treatment perfected on animals.
  • Plans for an international exhibition football game to be hosted in the Dominion capitol were withdrawn this morning. Officials have denied that the recent bombing played a role, claiming that disagreement over field specifications were to blame.
  • Arch-President Duncan has asked the national police to modify the laws concerning the youth curfew. Educators have requested that the curfew be lifted or extended to allow students to watch a predicted comet collision on Mars. Opponents of lifting the curfew cite the 70% drop in youth-related crime since its enactment. The Executive office wants a system in place by time of the astronomical impact that would allow youths accompanied by a guardian to request exemptions for approved reasons.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-23   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:04

• The administration is currently considering the allocation of military budgeting for the next several years. Proposals and negotiations are already underway. This has prompted some of the citizenry to bring up the possibility of repealing compulsory military service. The primary argument for the proposal is that the Unification has occurred, and that the nation's primary military threat, Strickfadden, has been negated from providing future threats. Those in support of keeping the current laws point to this week's terror attacks and those of last year.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-26   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:09

• Roberta Wood was acquited on her more serious charges this morning. The Chief Magistrate read the verdicts in court this morning. The bench assigned a guilty decision only to the charge of Endangering the Public Order, saying the evidence of Contempt towards officials or Sedition were unconvincing. It was shown in the trial that she had maintained contact with certain seditious organizations, but it seemed unlikely that she was a member of any or even fully supported any radical agendas.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-27   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:10

• Following a report indicating that Shul's graduates rate significantly lower against their international counterparts, the Council of Presidents has unanimously decided to focus executive effort in reforming the nations' education systems. The various legislatures are all facing severe pressure to come up with new budgets that reflect this new goal.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-28   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:12

• Though education reform is put forth as the primary reason for the financial overhaul of the national budgets, the Council of Presidents has also admitted there may be some merit to the reports of increased corruption within the bureaucracy. The cuts necessary to fund the education mandate are meant to come from the various personal projects funded by government funds and cutting the dubious "official expenses" claimed by some officials.
  • Some funding from military space defense programs will be diverted to civilian research and primary eduction.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
shul

PostSubject: 2013-08-29   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 20:48

• With the budget already open and under massive overhaul, the Confederate administration has slipped in a few items concerning military and national security. Of primary concern to most citizens, the Arch-President has renewed the span of compulsory military service. Those entering service after the end of the month will serve an extra year. Those already serving their duty terms will not be required to extend their services, though are encouraged to do so with renewal bonuses.
  • Senate President announced this morning from his press room that the negotiations concerning the Council of Presidents' request to overhaul the education system has concluded. Details still need to be worked out, but he announces that " we agree across the board that we can do better. The education budget will be nearly doubled. All that is left is to make sure that the money goes to the right places."
  • As part of the education reform, a new Confederate project launched this morning with the goal to to bring internet connectivity to every citizen in the Dominion. The committee's mission is to have 95% of citizens connected to the internet within 3 years.

Good day, Citizens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greater Shul Public Bulletin   Greater Shul Public Bulletin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greater Shul Public Bulletin
Page 1 of 1