Federation of Democratic Republics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Federation of Democratic Republics!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ANNOUNCEMENT: Federation of Democratic Republics is now closed effective immediately

Finding Closure

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

Finding Closure - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09 2012, 04:26

PRESIDENTIAL AIRCRAFT
SKIES OVER KINGSLEY BEDFORD

Onboard Mikhail's plane, a chartered Kingfordian Airlines jet with a customised cabin interior, Lily was returning to Harani after her trip to the capital with her brother.

"Did you like the capital Lily?" Mikhail asked to which Lily nodded in reply

They like Pony there!

Mikhail smiled and peered out the window, to which he saw the outskirts of Harani City closing in. They were almost home. Suddenly the roof of the fuselage rattled... a common occurance on Kingfordian aircraft as they tended to be rather old and did not have the best maintainence record. There was little money for investment on commercial aircraft during the territorial war and little new technology had been available since then for commercial planes.

However in light of the danger they were vunerable to at the moment Mikhail thought it best to check it out. He turned to Lily who was playing with her firebird.

"I'm going to go talk with the pilot, you stay here and play with your firebird ok?" he told her.

Mikhail walked into the cockpit and closed the door.

The pilot, Andrei Korolevski, was an ex-airforce pilot who also had trained to be part of the Kingfordian Space Agency's cosmonaut program which was abandoned after the failure of the Aruthyan space capsule which resulted in the death of all on board during re-entry after a mission to launch the first module of a space station. Andrei began working at Kingfordian Airlines as a pilot a month after the end of the program and was now Mikhail's personal pilot when using Kingfordian charter aircraft such as this one.

"Hello Andrei" Mikhail greeted him.

"Mr President, what brings you here" Andrei asked

"The fuselage rattled again, are there any problems?"

Andrei looked at his control board. Nothing was indicating a problem with the aircraft.
"Nothing indicating, probably just a usual loose panel. That's all, I'll have it checked out when we're in Sirushostan tomorrow" he responded to Mikhail.

As Mikhail turned to walk back into the cabin he heard Andrei's voice behind him.

"We're coming into land. Be seated sir, the airport is 2 mins away"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL SECURITY HEADQUARTERS
SIRUSHOSTAN, KINGSLEY BEDFORD

Yuliana had rounded up the Kingfordian team of investigators and brought them to the Narional Security Headquarters in the capital, where the investigation would be monitored closely. She was waiting on Mikhail to return from Harani after dropping off Lily and saying goodbye to his mother and sister. Only once he had arrived and the Lanosians showed up would she be able to begin the breifing
Back to top Go down
https://feddemocraticrepub.forumotion.com
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10 2012, 01:49

Unbeknownst to them, the Lanosians already had a stealth UAV up in the skies monitoring things (with Enpolian permission) and was watching the events surrounding the evacuation of this facility without being detected. With its monitoring of the area, it would then move on to where Culveen was reported to be and wait. Meanwhile, the Lanosian detail had arrived at the meeting and was waiting for it to begin. They would start with their UAV intelligence and wait for confirmation to go ahead and move in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=the_republic_of_lanos
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 11 2012, 05:24

National Security HQ (KTA)
Sirushostan, Kingsley Bedford

"HE'S WHAT? Yuliana was not pleased at what she was hearing. The head of the Enpolian delegation would not be coming to the briefing.

"They'll setup a videolink so he can be involved" explained Vladimir Aleksayan, the head of Kingfordian Terror Agency.

"And Mikhail? Where is he?

"In Harani, seeing the Lanosian president off as she returns home with that animal of hers"

Don't talk about Lily like that. She's Mikhail's sister!

"Well look who loves the pony" Vladimir teased.

Watch it Vlad.... keep talking to me like that and you may not have a job once I win the next election Yuliana warned.

Vladimir returned to setting up the videolink, hoping it would function properly for the briefing as it was very important that the Enpolians knew everything they needed to know.

I can't believe he the Enpolian won't be here! He's supposed to give us information about Romburyan! Where the heck is he that he can't be here?

"He'll be on the videolink"

And If that fails?"

"Well then... We have a problem don't we"

Kingfordian officials and investigators began poring into the room and sitting down. A few Lanosians had entered but most were yet to arrive at the headquarters of KTA. Security was tight due to the recent events in Kingsley Bedford which had placed the country on its highest state of alert since the 2009 assasination of President Mikhail Aruthyan Sr.

(To be continued)
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16 2012, 04:36

Yuliana felt anger. Anger she'd never felt before. She thought these guys were bad before, but now she was convinced they were pure evil. Slavery in Romburyan? It was horrible to think those slaves might even be Kingfordians. Who knows where they got these slaves from. And where did they get the ponies? There is no pony population in KB or Romburyan as of yet. They must have got it from somewhere far from KB. Possibly Lanos.

The Colonel continued.

"These slaves could possibly be used in future for the R.S.A's operations, suicide bombings... hired assasins, anything. I'm guessing the ponies are used for lugging heavy materials. It is likely if we can intercept the ship and interrogate the captain, we might find out where Culveen is. Someone onboard is bound to know where he is"

"So you think we should intercept it? Yuliana asked

"That's up to you, the president and the Lanosians to decide Ms Pashkchenko"

I think we should intercept it... then bring the captain to KB for interrogation Yuliana proposed.

"You don't want to check with the president?" the Colonel asked.

"I'll contact Mikhail then"

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19 2012, 03:53

While the ponies had broken out from their cages, not from captivity yet, the Lanos Navy had sent a cruiser and a couple of destroyers to intercept the ship in question. Their mission was simple but to the point: Get the captain and liberate the captives. Just how to do it safely for everyone involved (well almost everyone) was to be decided on the ships themselves by the Lanosian sailors preparing to intercept and raid the ship. The cruiser and destroyers had little difficulty catching up with the cargo ship and had radioed stern warnings to the crew: "The is the ROL Warshok and ROL Ashok and Mistok. You are suspected to be in violation of international law and the laws and ratified treaties of the Independent Nation of the Republic of Lanos and of Kingsley Bedford and Enpolintoc. Cease your current course and remain dead in the water unless ordered otherwise. Your ship will be boarded and searched with the use of armed force. If there is resistance, the use of deadly force is authorized. Do not resist and cease all travel. You will be boarded." In case that wasn't heard, the helicopters and gunships of the ships were now hovering close to the vessel and had blared the same message while displaying the firepower they had to ensure no resistance was to come their way. They also relayed a message by megaphone to the captives inside.

"If you being held captive against your will on board, do not fear. You will be liberated."
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20 2012, 10:27

Mikhail Aruthyan Aerodrome
Harani City, Kingsley Bedford

Mikhail had just farewelled his mother and sister who were returning to Lanos when a government official tapped him on the shoulder.

"Sir, the Lanosians have intercepted the ship"

"Already?" Mikhail asked. The official nodded.

"Well send the Kingfordian coastguard and some federal police officers to board the ship. I want the captain detained and interrogated..... Without torture" he added .

The official looked somewhat dissapointed at the news he couldn't use torture but was well aware that the president would have his job if he disobeyed his orders.

"We'll bring him back to Sirushostan for interrogation then sir... Your plane is ready to head to Sirushostan. I will inform Ms Pashkchenko of your request." the official then walked off.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22 2012, 23:14

The SEALs that got to the captain had restrained him in a normal way, disarmed and searched him, and sat him down on some chair in the bridge of the ship. One of them came up to the captain with a stark face. He wasn't serious on the inside when he told him what wasn't coming but he sure sounded serious: "The Kingfordians will take custody of you. You know what's going to happen to you. They will torture you for the location of Culveen. He's not on the ship. If you tell us where he is, you won't be tortured and the Lanosians will do our best to protect you wherever you end up after all of this ends. Where is he?" The SEAL looked as serious as death on the outside but they all knew that he wasn't going to be tazed by a car battery and some jumper cables. Only the captain wasn't in on the inside joke. The group hoped the captain wasn't going to call their bluff.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23 2012, 04:49

Presidential Aircraft
Tarmac of Mikhail Aruthyan Aerodrome, Harani City, Kingsley Bedford

Mikhail sat in his airplane waiting for it to take off for Sirushostan. Suddenly the phone on his desk rang. He reached over to answer it, struggling against the seat belt strapping him into his seat. He finally picked it up.

"Hello?" he answered

It was Yuliana Pashkchenko, the opposition leader, former-president and head of the investigation into the assasination of Mikhail's father.

"Mikhail, it's me. We have a situation in Sirushostan right now"

"Yuliana, What is it? I'm about to take off" Mikhail replied

Your mother left then?.... good, If she knew what was going on right now she'd be down here hounding us and barking orders. Her delegation is just as bad as she is. Do you know what they're doing right now?

'What Yuliana? What could they possibly be doing that warrants this call? I thought we weren't going in yet"

"The Lanosians intercepted the cargoship. They won't let the coastguard board the vessel, but claim they'll send the captain to Sirushostan via helicopter soon. I don't trust them. I want the coastguard to come get them. Can you authorise that?

Mikhail buried his head in his hands. They were refusing Kingfordians access. Like they ran the investigation. They don't run it.... the Kingfordians do. Who did they think they were? Why would they not let them on and would they really hand him over? Could they be trusted? He knew Yuliana had no trust in the Lanosians, but Mikhail would've liked to think his mother would have more sense than to allow such a thing. She obVIously musn't know about this. Otherwise they'd be letting the coastguard board the vessel.

"I'll sort it out when I come to Sirushostan. I've gotta go, we're ready for takeoff" Mikhail kindly excused himself and hung up the phone. He opened up his novel and began reading to take his mind off things for a bit as the jet roared down the runway and lifted into the air.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24 2012, 02:45

The SEALs decided to hand him over without incident. "Signal that Kingfordian ship to have them ready to take our chopper...and tell them to shut up already...they'll get the captain. Holy shit...they can hold on to their horses can they..." The SEALs grabbed the captain and hoisted him and some men onto a waiting Lanosian Sea Stealth Hawk ready to go over to the nearby Kingfordian Coast Guard ship. Some of the SEALs discussed amongst themselves all of the potential penalties the crew could be facing for slavery and trafficking. The death penalty was reportedly on the table for being a crime against humanity and an act of piracy that the ship was busted for. Eventually, after this whole thing blew away, the Lanosians would ask for extradition. And would they press for it...

"So what's it like being a man considered lucky...I mean, not dead yet?"
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25 2012, 04:01

KINGFORDIAN COASTGUARD VESSEL
Off coast of Romburyan

Aboard the coastguard ship, Captain Hayk Larkobyan awaited for the chopper to approach his ship. "They better have him onboard" he said to his crew.

The vessel itself had no helipad for helicopter landings, it was a patrol ship, used to patrol the waters between Romburyan and the coast of Kingsley Bedford. It wasn't meant to have helicopters landing on its deck. To deliver the captain to the vessel the helicopter would have to hover over the ship and lower the captain down using a harness where he would be taken into custody onboard and delivered to Sirushostan for interrogation.

Hopefully they would be able to get the captain to talk. He would be able to give them everything they need to find Culveen. Even if it means offering the captain some kind of deal.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30 2012, 01:48

National Security HQ

In an incident control room Yuliana Pashkchenko watched the interrogation of the captain with Mikhail on a large videoscreen.

Yuliana wished she was the one in the room interrogating the captain rather than some official in there. She would've done a better job. She wouldn't be taking so long to get him to talk. Her ferocious personality was enough to get anyone to talk. Except for Marina. But Yuliana wouldn't waste her time on her. Life was too short.

"Mikhail why is he fucking around? Why don't you let me talk to him?"

Mikhail didn't answer her. The captain was possibly facing extradition to Republic of Lanos. It was the first he'd heard. But he wouldn't let that happen. He knew he had to keep the captain in Kingfordian custody.

Mikhail? Mikhail? MIKHAIL!

"What Yuliana? what do you want now?" Mikhail was getting annoyed now

So can I go in? Mikhail? Mikhail? MIKHAIL? EARTH TO MIKHAIL? MIKHAIL!

"ALRIGHT! FINE... WHEN HE LEAVES' Mikhail lost it.

They watched the interrogation for another 10 minutes and listened to the captain giving information. At this point, Mikhail was ready to offer the guy asylum and protection for him and his family. If they agreed to come to Kingsley Bedford that was. And he was ready to get Yuliana out of the room, so who better than to tell him the news than her. She could intimidate anyone. Yes... he'd send her to do it.

The official was leaving the room, but the captain remained seated. Now was the time. Mikhail gestured to the door, signalling to Yuliana she could go in.

As she got up and opened the door he called out behind her

"And offer him asylum in exchange for testimony"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few minutes later, Yuliana entered the interrogation room and slowly walked to the table where the captain was seated. She sat down.

Right.... you know who I am? she asked him.

Of course the captain knew who she was. Her intimidating gaze and blond braid were a give away. He nodded

Then you'll know not to mess around with me. No funny business... do you understand?

Yevgeny nodded.

Now.... I'm here to make you a little offer. You tell me what I want to know and I'll give you something in return

"I want asylum" Yevgeny told her.

Yuliana rolled her eyes

Yes... I can see why they discharged you from the military. Not the sharpest tool in the shed are we now

Yevgeny stared at her with a piercing look on his face. Who did this woman think she was talking to him like that.

But Yuliana didn't give him a chance to respond

What did you think I was going to offer you? a night sleeping with me? of course I was going to offer you asylum you idiot. But first you're going to tell me what I want to hear

"And my fami-" Yevgeny began to speak before being cut off by Yuliana.

We'll talk about that part later... now you'll tell me what I want to hear. You're going to tell me more about this place where you claim Rasiak Culveen is hiding
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31 2012, 02:55

The Lanosians hadn't pressed anyone such as the way Yuliana did (assuming she was ever a cop...her means of interrogation, let alone her doing it, would have been rendered inadmissible in a Lanosian court) and had instead humanized the detainees by treating them decently before being taken on shore and formally placed under arrest and having their rights read to them. Then the serious business of questioning could commence. The First Mate would be questioned by a Lanosian Coast Guard officer and the Lanosians were surprised the sailor waived his right to counsel. Then again, the Lanosians had offered that no one would be facing a harsh sentence if they talked truthfully and guaranteed protection for themselves and families in Witness Protection. They didn't do anything that would be later described as "pulling a Yuliana."

The first mate, as well as the rest of the crew that chose to talk, painted a general picture of what the hell was going on and implicated multiple Lebs and Culveen was placed on the ship leaving Kingfordia after the assassination. The first mate had told of the same things the captain told before he had a coronary but had more details to add and even elaborated on just what was going on where Culveen was reputed to be at and confirmed he would be there. The Lanosians would convey this information to the Kingfordians if and when they decided to show at the Sirushostan Naval Yard's detention facility.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01 2012, 02:46

National Security HQ

'Yuliana, what the heck did you say to him?" Mikhail demanded. The captain had just had what was suspected to be a heart attack during the interrogation after coming face to face with Yuliana Pashkchenko for less than 5 minutes.

I just told him if he didn't tell me the truth he wouldn't get asylum.... nothing else

"And what are we supposed to tell the media when word gets out?" Mikhail asked.

Simple really.... We deny everything. We don't tell them about him being admitted and we keep him in the detention facility hospital rather than a public hospital in the capital

"Yuliana, it's not going to be that simple"

Who else knows about his arrest other than us, the Lanosians and the Enpolian delegation. We can deny the entire arrest if we have to.

"And if my mother decides to tell the media... what do we do then?"

If your mother wants the Lebedyenko's extradited to Republic of Lanos then she better bite her tongue

Mikhail couldn't help but laugh. "You think she would keep her mouth shut? She's Lanosian.... when they want something or someone they don't shut up until they get it. You should know that by now"

Does she know about the hospitalisation? Yuliana asked.

Mikhail had no idea whether or not she knew. His mother had returned to Lanos now and since the operation was being organised in Sirushostan, the city his mother feared so much, there was little chance she'd be completely up to date with developments.

"I have no idea to be honest Yuliana. I'm assuming not as she hasn't contacted me for an explaination yet" he replied

Well if she rings and bitches about me then tell her to get a life and go play with the pony. At least I have the guts to show up at the National Security HQ unlike somebody we know...

She turned and walked out of the room, slamming the door shut behind her.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02 2012, 02:53

Marina had been far too busy on political issues to trouble herself with matters over in Kingsley Bedford now, much less go into an interrogation room and nearly-threaten to strangle someone with her hair in a braid. "Or did she? *chuckles*" She assumed that the Lanosians would do their jobs over there and try not to do anything that they would regret. What Yuliana did made Marina wish she was there to fume at her but feared she would get Yuliana'd and die of heart failure. Rumors hit the public of what she did and nothing could be done about trying to stop the rumors. In any event, Lily was whinnying at Marina as she wanted to get her attention. "Oh what is it? Aww, you drew a picture of your big brother! He'd like it if he could see it..."

Back in Kingsley Bedford, the Lanosians were still waiting for the Kingfordians to come to hear what they found. The ones on the investigation joked whether #1 or #2 would bother to show (Mikhail and Yuliana) or if they did, they'd die of heart failure if Yuliana stared them in their eyes and deep into their souls. They would soon find out when they received notice to stop the joking and ready themselves for the evil Kingfordian bitch and the President of Kingfordia when they came to be briefed on what they hoped was better news.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06 2012, 05:30

After a short while, the door to the briefing room opened and Mikhail and Yuliana entered.

Mikhail sat down whilst Yuliana began to open up a file on the computer which was projected onto a screen for viewing.

Here we have Inarah Hotel in Romburyan Yuliana said, pointing to a diagram on the screen

Rasiak Culveen is hiding inside this abandoned hotel which is now controlled by RSA. The building is surrounded by RSA buildings and a few civilian buildings of which many of the residents are loyal to RSA"

The Lanosians looked carefully at the diagram, they knew they had their work cut out for them. The entire area was surrounded by RSA buildings. There was no doubt they'd be seen coming in no matter what point of entry they used. It would require armed forces assistaince

Our best chance of entry is through the underground carpark. It'll be heavily guarded, so we'll need military assistaince to get in. The Lanosians can provide that" Yuliana said with a smirk on her face, which Mikhail noticed.

"The civilians?" one of the Lanosians asked.

They are to be evacuated once our operation begins... if they refuse to leave don't force them. They can take responsibility for their own fate if they refuse to leave. Some may be loyal to RSA and try to defend them. We won't take responsibility for any deaths of civilians who refused to leave their homes after being warned of the operation"

The Lanosians stared at Yuliana for a second in disbelief, but it was no surprise to them that the former president would give such a blunt and insensitive response. It was typical of her. But no one dared question her, the result wouldn't be pretty.

"Once we've entered the hotel, the Lanosians will split up into groups. Some will go and fight the RSA, others will accompany KTA forces and help them capture Culveen and any other key figures if possible. Culveen must be captured alive"

"How soon can we get this underway?" a Lanosian asked

"As soon as the KTA forces and your military are ready. Try to avoid bombing the complex in order to keep Culveen alive" Mikhail answered before Yuliana could get a word in. Yuliana was clearly displeased about being cut out of the conversation. She stared angrily at Mikhail clearly displaying her displeasure.

Now Culveen could be on any floor in the complex. Search all floors until you find him. ,If the Lanosians find him before KTA does... they are to guard him and wait until the KTA forces arrive to arrest him. Arrest any other key figures in RSA if you can. The more we have... the less amount of terrorists out there

"And will you interrogate him?" one of the Lanosians sneered

Yuliana lost it.

OH, SO NOW YOU ARE JOKING ABOUT THE LITTLE INCIDENT IN THE INTERROGATION ROOMS ARE YOU?"

"Yuliana please" Mikhail begged

Shut it Mikhail... YOU DARE MENTION THAT INCIDENT AGAIN AND YOU'LL BE OFF THIS INVESTIGATION SO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN.

With that she left the room slamming the door behind her causing it to vibrate.

"What's up with her?" the Lanosian asked Mikhail.

"I don't know... but I wouldn't mention it again if I were you. She has a short fuse" Mikhail warned.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 04:27

"Short? She's too invested in this case as if her political career depended on it." It probably did to Yuliana. It probably scared a bunch of Lanosians in KB that her resurgence could mean trouble for them in the future. However, it was probably up to the Lanosians that they would do their best to spare as many innocent lives as possible in the operation. Unlike Yuliana, they actually cared about who was in the crossfire. "If she wasn't racist towards Lanosians so publically...I'd dare say she's racist towards Romburyanis first." "Wouldn't be surprised." "Shut up and get back to the whole mission at hand. Never mind a racist that's going to win the next election and she has a short fuse to boot. We're going to be careful around the area since we're not going to kill civilians wantonly. Only shoot marked targets and those actually trying to kill you." The commander of the Lanosians got control back of his group and waited for Mikhail to speak but added one more comment that sent a chill through their spines.

"Relay this command to the men. If they see any actions that constitute a war crime or any unlawful action being committed, they will arrest those persons for the crime regardless of who's doing it. Even the Kingfordian cops. They resist, shoot them. One thing's for sure. The Independent Nation will not tolerate nor commit any crimes such as those. We will take any responsibility for those caught and killed in the crossfire that weren't supposed to die and offer apologies and compensation but we will get to the task at hand and get who we're after. The Kingfordians may only want that guy and will kill anyone and not bother about it but we are not the Kingfordians. We are Lanosian and we have seen and experienced those crimes in our own country years ago and we will not let anyone on our watch do those things." He waited for the message to sink in before asking Mikhail to speak again.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08 2012, 06:42

Yuliana had been listening to every word that had been said in her absence in an adjoining room. She had decided Mikhail was useless at explaining to Lanosians and she'd have to step in again as he was making a fool of himself by misunderstanding her just as much as the biased Lanosians did. She marched back into the room.

Obviously Mikhail can't explain things for me correctly... even to you people. So I might as well dumb things down for you Yuliana announced. If they were going to try and give her smartarsed comments... then she would give the Lanosians the same in return.

The Lanosians never turned up for half of the last briefing even though they were informed there was one and missed very vital information that would've helped them understand what I meant.... Some of the buildings on the map are home to civillians as well as RSA. We will need you to split up into two groups

The Lanosians seemed alarmed at only having half of their division in one place during a critical time but accepted that this was a Kingfordian-led investigation and therefore would have to accept whatever was requested of them if possible. They decided to let Yuliana finish, Just in case she had another outburst.

"One group will go to the civillians and inform them of an operation currently underway in the vicinity and that for their own safety they are advised to evacuate now. They may refuse as some are loyal to RSA and may even join the fight.

Whoever wishes to evacuate... you are to assist them in evacuating. Those who refuse will stay at their own risk and the Kingfordian Republic will refuse to take responsibility for the deaths of those who chose to remain in the event of being killed in the crossfire. You are to make sure those who choose to leave are evacuated safely and are responsible fot that. During the evacuation, the aviation division cannot be used on civillian buildings. You can use tanks, ground forces and IFV's only whilst the evacuees are being removed.

Once the evacuees are removed the aviation division can move in. The only building the aircraft can not fire upon is the Inarah hotel itself. We need to keep Culveen alive. You may fire on the surrounding buildings as much as needed to stop the RSA fighters who are bound to be stationed on the rooftops of those buildings and heavily armed. No missed targets."

"And the other half?" the Lanosian asked

They will accompany KTA into the building and defend them whilst they advance on Culveen"
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09 2012, 03:23

It seemed everything was riding on how this ended up for Yuliana's future in politics. It appeared it didn't matter how it went for her to sail to re-election but it seemed to absolutely matter to her and at all costs she would make sure she would win the election. Unless, for some other reason, she herself was threatened and she wanted to make sure the right people were punished for crossing Yuliana. Whatever the reason, it was clear she was too invested in this, even more than Mikhail FFS, and that she would obviously use this to her advantage in the election. Her snapping at people like this would serve as a dangerous omen to the Lanosians, whom they suspected she doesn't like one bit, and suggested bad things could happen. One person had to ask her why she was so tight about it all. "Ma'am, you're devoting too much into this case...just why is that? Were you threatened?" He didn't mention the other reason he wanted to ask and he could tell if Yuliana was lying her ass off. And if need be, he'd restrain her if she dared assault a National Police officer of the nation she seemed to dislike.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12 2012, 03:08

Nothing of what Yuliana said to them make sense. Most were military men (or women). Even the National Police officers tagging along were either veterans or were well-versed enough to know that depriving a good part of your support for this kind of operation was insane. That's probably how the Kingfordians wanted it or that's what Yuliana wanted. Downplay the Lanosian role involved and play up the fact that it was all Yuliana's idea and she would get the credit and easily win election (never mind the fact she would win anyways). This time, they were prepared to take Yuliana's bullshit on. "Well ma'am, what if we told you we can only send a mechanized infantry brigade and the combat aviation brigade only for this mission?" It was sure to garner some fury from Yuliana, who was probably already unhinged and near-wanting to go on a racist tirade. At least that's how the Lanosians were thinking. A massive bunch of Lanosians residing in the country had chosen to leave the country if Yuliana was elected again and they were making good on preparations on moving out if need be. The Lanosians in front of her could only see how she would react if Republik Lanos had chosen its time to show that it would not tolerate a racist Kingfordian president.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13 2012, 05:59

National Security HQ

Yuliana paced angrily across the room

What is it with them Mikhail? It's like they're doing this on purpose! I know who it is... it has to be your mother

"Now Yuliana let's not bring my Mother into this" Mikhail said.

What game are they playing? They're trying to make me look like an idiot. You saw that arrogant official in there. Mocking me. I bet you they're doing it to try and ruin my chances in the election. And all this bullshit about Lanosians moving out of KB if I'm elected.... it's madness

Mikhail remained quiet.

Why can't they just follow orders, stop pretending they don't understand and stop playing around like schoolchildren and get on with their job. They understood me alright... they may pretend they didn't. They're choosing to do so. They understood everything. Even a Lanosian could understand that"

"Yuliana they're already calling you racist... try and limit the Lanosian generalisation.... just a word of advice" Mikhail advised her.

Yuliana rolled her eyes
And you expect me to sit there and take their shit? They understood me... they can't fool me. They're just hoping I'll go off my rocket. They're provoking me Mikhail! They're supposed to be working with us. Not making fun of us. They have to respect me if they want respect back. It isn't a one way street.

"Yuliana... in a few days they'll be heading to Romburyan. Just put up with it until then. Remember you are the one leading the investigation. They have to follow your instructions. Despite the fact you're not going with them. Which is understandable... it's too dangerous for a high-profile political figure to be sent there. Even one who is opposition." Mikhail told her

Nice to know you don't want to kill me to stay in power. Yuliana was only joking with Mikhail when she said that, and Mikhail knew it. He knew even Yuliana had a sense of humour sometimes. Whilst she might not show it too often. He just hoped nothing else would go down in the next few days.

Sirushostan Detention Facility Hospital Wing
Sirushostan Detention Facility, Sirushostan, Kingsley Bedford

Since suffering a heart attack during the interrogation, the captain of the ship was hospitalised in the hospital section of the Sirushostan Detention Facility where he was being detained.

A government official had come to visit and check on his condition

"How is he?" he asked the doctor.

"Well, he is better than expected. What the heck did that woman say to him?"

"You are not to speak of what happened in that room Doctor. You are to deny any reports involving Ms Pashkchenko in that interview room. It never happened. Do you understand me?" the official replied.

The doctor was taken aback by this instruction, obviously the government planned to deny any such thing occuring and that the captain had gone into cardiac arrest... but not from what Yuliana had said. He knew what could happen to him if he were to report the media or anyone else that Yuliana had interrogated the captain when he went into cardiac arrest. Obviously the rumours would get out... he'd have to comment on them.

"Look... I don't want any trouble"

"Then you'll keep your mouth shut" the official warned.

"He'll have to remain in the hospital another week or so for observation. Then he should be fine to return to the detention centre. You can probably begin to interrogate him as soon as he returns to the centre. But maybe take it easy. If you know what I mean" the doctor advised.

"Fine... but you remember doctor... no talking about Ms Pashkchenko"

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 01:36

Marina happened to be reading a newspaper article on what happened to the captain. Despite Kingfordian attempts to cover up what happened to him, the story got out and everyone can find out about it. Probably helped shred Yuliana's doomed reputation ever since she shown her displeasure towards Marina. Still, the incident did not sway anything the Lanosians feared about her and about 1 million had planned on moving out when she was elected. That would cut the Lanosian population in Kingfordia in half and result in a lot of angry people and the government was considering declaring them refugees if they were to return to Lanos. That was far from Marina's mind now. She had wanted to retire in Kingfordia but it seemed she couldn't live in the same country as Yuliana as either she or her would go insane. "Better her than me. Lily still needs her mother." At that moment, Lily tugged at her mother and asked "Mama, Mickey come visit?" Marina looked and answered that he would be too busy to come. "But my birthday! Wanna see big brother!" Marina knew she was cornered by her daughter and smiled. "Well let me see if I can get him to come. He may not listen to your mother but he won't say no to his little sister." She went over and called Mikhail and hoped the dreaded woman didn't pick up on the other line.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14 2012, 14:04

When the phone rang Mikhail was hesitant to pick it up. He'd heard rumours that Lanosian media was already reporting about what happened to the captain and he was assuming his mother was ringing to inquire about that.

"Is It... her? Yuliana asked Mikhail.

Mikhail nodded and reached to pick up the phone.

I'm out of here then... Yuliana announced before running out of the room. Obviously not wanting to be within reach if Marina wanted to talk to her.

Mikhail shook his head before picking up the phone

"Yes Mother?"

"Ah... Mickey how are you? I have something to ask you"

"I hope it's not something to do with the investigation Mother"

"No... though we have to talk about that some time soon. I'm ringing because it is nearly your sisters first birthday. She's so excited" Marina said

"What? She's almost one already!"

"Your sister wants you to come to visit her. Can you come for her birthday?"

"I think I should be able to. Should I bring Yuliana too"

"Don't you even think about bringing that woman!"

"I'm only kidding mother, as if she'd come anyway. Even though I know she adores Lily... she can't stand you" Mikhail reassured his mother.

"So do I tell Lily you're coming?" Marina asked

"Yes mother... tell her.. I've got to go, I'll talk later"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lily was waiting to find out if Mikhail would be coming. Now she was about to find out.

Mama, Mickey come see pony?

"Yes he's coming" Marina told her.

Lily was happy her brother was coming. She liked seeing him.
Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 02:44

Marina was happy to see Lily happy that she would get her brother to see her for her birthday. However, something else was on her mind. Her doctors told her years ago that she would never have another child on her own accord. Even though the doctors told her this, she always tested herself to be sure that they were telling the truth. She was surprised then one day that she tested positive and had the doctors confirm that yes, Marina was having a child. She only knew then that both her children would have to know sooner or later. That's why she wanted to drag him here to Lanos to hear firsthand that his mother was going to have a child again. "Now we'll see if he can keep his word to his sister..."

The Lanosians over in KB didn't know Marina was now pregnant but it wouldn't have made a difference. They had gone off to brief the 2nd Panzergrenadier Brigade and the Combat Aviation Brigade, 21st Infantry Division, on how to take the place and do it the way the Kingfordians wanted despite how it made no sense to the men who knew their military worth in endless training missions back home would pay off "if they could do their jobs without a menacing politician controlling their every move and had no experience with the military before." Discontent, such as "Who the fuck came up with this plan?" was shown but the men knew there was no swaying Yuliana so they had to the Kingfordian's dirty work and put up with Yuliana trotting out to take all the credit and use the victory press conference as a campaign event. Whatever. Just do it and make sure the Lanos Army marks it in the record book's as their operation to kick ass in. This was also punctuated with, you guessed it, training runs in similarly-constructed buildings and drills to ensure that things would go to plan. Lots of blank rounds were used but the amount used would be an indicator of what was to come for both sides when the time came.
Back to top Go down
Kingsley Bedford
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15 2012, 04:01

Yuliana decided to take her chances and join Mikhail in the makeshift office setup for them in the Security HQ. Hoping Mikhail was off the phone.

She crept back into the room.

What did she want? she asked Mikhail.

"It's not what you think Yuliana" Mikhail replied.

Yuliana felt a huge sense of relief. Marina hadn't called about the media reports. Thank god for that. She could just imagine Marina over the screaming about it. But she knew Marina would eventually find out. And she would have no hesitation in getting the word out. But who would believe it anyway? Who would take someone seriously if they said 'Yuliana caused the heart attack by staring at him'? They'd think that person was a nutcase. Plus, the Kingfordians would deny it.

"Oh really? What did she want then if you don't mind me asking?"

"Lily's turning 1 soon. She wants me to go over for her birthday. I'm going to go" Mikhail replied

What if it's during the operation? or the trial? Mikhail! You can't possibly leave the country. Don't tell me you're even thinking about it

"I have a cell phone Yuliana. You think I won't give instructions from that? Plus it is Lily's birthday. I have to go. She'll be upset if I don't"

Is Lily 1 already???? I can't believe it! I love that little pony. Do you think I'm invited too?"

Mikhail and Yuliana both burst out laughing.

"Yeah sure.... I bet you are. You can spend the whole party talking with mother" Mikhail joked.

Um.... pass on that one

Back to top Go down
Lanos

Lanos

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 19 2012, 00:31

It was near about time for those preparing to hit the hotel to move out into Romburyan itself. The 2nd Panzergrenadier Brigade and the CAB were readying themselves into entering the country. Just how was the question. Would they have to use landing craft from the Navy to get there or was that bridge ever rebuilt? It did not matter how they were to arrive. Arriving would be the least of their problems once they hit the ground. Hopefully the Kingfordians tagging along won't be of a problem. That would depend if the Kingfordians that were trained in Enpolintoc weren't as bad as the Kingfordian Army that didn't come along when it came to Romburyanis. When it came to do things, all pretense of animosity would be dropped as both sides would get to the task of killing the guys that are shooting at you.

All it would take for this to happen is for the Kingfordians to give the word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding Closure   Finding Closure - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding Closure
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Federation of Democratic Republics :: Roleplay :: International Roleplay-
Jump to: